Your first Statement of Account is produced by the Revenue computer system based on all payroll submitted with a pay date in January 2019. The Statement of Account contains a chronological list of all tax liabilities incurred, any amendments to these liabilities, all payments made in respect of these liabilities and the balance outstanding at the end of the period referred to in the statement. The Statement of Account for January will need to be submitted by 14 February 2019, with all subsequent submissions due on the 14th of the month following the payroll month.
Employers and/or agents will receive an email to the email address registered in ROS to inform you when the Statement of Account is ready and available. The statement will be stored in your ROS inbox as a .pdf document.
The ROS Statement of Account utility allows you to make payments for your returns using the following payment methods:
using your bank account
ROS debit instruction (if registered for this)
To access the ROS Statement of Account:
Log into your ROS account.
Go to My Services > Employer Services > Statement of Account.
3. Click on View/Accept
4. The statement will then be displayed.
5. Complete the Declaration and then click on Submit.
6. You will then need to sign off the submission using the password for your digital certificate.
6. You will now be able to make payment.
To learn how to make payments via the ROS Statement of Account utility, watch the video created by ROS here.
Last week, we announced the release of Phase 1 of our major PAYE Modernisation changes – uploading of ROS Authorisation Certificates, which you can read about here.
As promised, we’re pleased to inform you that today we’ve released Phase 2: bulk retrieval of employee RPNs. As with the ROS Certificates, this is an important step in ensuring you’re ready to process payroll in 2019. This short and handy guide will take you through the steps of bulk RPN retrieval.
As part of this release, SimplePay will automatically retrieve RPNs once for the 2019 tax year for all employees that have a PPSN but no RPN. This functionality will soon be expanded to provide daily automated updates.
As always, if you have any queries or concerns around this new functionality and process, please feel free to contact our friendly support team who will gladly assist.
Over the past few months, we have been discussing PAYE Modernisation on our blog. The new functionality for PAYE Modernisation will be released in stages over the next 2 weeks. We are happy to announce the first release, which allows you to upload ROS Digital Certificates to SimplePay.
If you are unsure about obtaining these Digital Certificates, please refer to this guide provided by Revenue.
This is a very important process for PAYE Modernisation and all employers or agents (such as payroll bureaus or accounting firms) will need to do this before processing payslips in 2019. Without uploading these certificates, requesting RPNs from ROS and submitting payroll information to ROS is not possible.
To help you through this process, we have compiled a useful guide which can be downloaded here:
With the new tax year underway since 1 January, we’d like to reassure you that our system has been updated to ensure that you are always compliant with legislation. There is no need to do any manual updates as in other payroll systems – simply continue processing payslips into the new tax year. Your payroll will automatically meet all the requirements for the 2018 period, as announced in the 2018 Budget on 10 October 2017. If you are still processing payroll for the 2017 tax year, the old tax rules will still be used, as you’d expect.
Here are some of the most important changes that you may see in your payroll for the coming year:
The standard rate income tax band for all earners increased by €750. This will be reflected in your employees’ P2Cs.
The 2.5% rate of USC was reduced to 2% and the 5% rate of USC decreased to 4.75%
The National Training Fund Levy (NTFL), collected alongside Employer PRSI for Classes A and H, increased by 0.1%. This means that the total employer PRSI contribution rates for Class A employees increases from 8.5% to 8.6% for employees earning €38 – €352, and from 10.75% to 10.85% for employees earning in excess of €376.
When you need to do your filing, the correct period will automatically be used and the relevant documents will be generated. For more information, please see our help site.
We will soon send out a year-end filing guide to assist you with submitting your P35 to Revenue and issuing P60s to your employees. Alternatively, you can consult our help site for more information.
If you have any questions relating to the above changes, you are welcome to contact us to assist you with these queries.