Update 14 October 2020: Included clarification on which payslips are included in the TWSS Reconciliation CSV file.
The Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS) closed on 31 August 2020. Revenue will be conducting a reconciliation of the subsidy amounts refunded by Revenue to employers and the amounts of the subsidy that were paid to employees by employers to be completed.
The reconciliation will determine:
- if any amount of the subsidy paid to the employer should be paid back to Revenue
- if the company is entitled to receive additional payments from Revenue if they did not receive the full subsidy
The reconciliation will also allow Revenue to confirm the subsidy amount that was actually paid to employees so that Revenue can accurately calculate the Income Tax and USC liability for individuals that forms part of the End of Year review.
The reconciliation process consists of two phases:
The first phase in the reconciliation process is to submit a reconciliation report to Revenue by 31 October 2020. To do this:
- Log into SimplePay, go to Reports and click on TWSS Reconcilation CSV – 2020. Please note that only payslips that meet the following criteria will be included in the report:
- The payslip was submitted to ROS through SimplePay
- The PRSI class for the employee was J9
- The otherPayments COVID19 field was not included
Note: The OtherPayments field, introduced in mid April, enabled SimplePay to include the wage subsidy amounts in your submissions to Revenue (read more here). The TWSS Reconciliation CSV will not contain payslips submitted to Revenue after this field was introduced because these subsidy amounts have already been submitted to Revenue. The CSV provides Revenue with the wage subsidy amounts that were paid to employees that haven’t already been reported in your submissions to Revenue.
- Then log into ROS to upload the CSV report. The steps for uploading the report is outlined in this Revenue document.
All active payslips submitted will be examined to determine the subsidy payable amount for each payslip based on the rules of the TWSS.
Following the completion of the stages, a Statement of Account will be sent to the employer’s ROS inbox.
If you have any questions about the Reconciliation Report, feel free to reach out to our Support team.