We love giving you a great payroll experience and, once again, the SimplePay team has been hard at work to respond to your payroll needs. We are delighted to introduce you to dual employment on our system.
Dual employment occurs when:
- you have an employee on your payroll with two active employments AND
- you want to keep the two sets of pay separate on your payroll records.
In practice, this usually means that the employee is assigned two different employee numbers and/or IDs.
SimplePay has provided better support for dual employment as follows:
- To enable dual employment, there is a check box under Other Statutory Info on an employee’s Basic Info screen that says Allow Multiple Employment. Tick this checkbox to allow you to capture two employees with the same PPSN.
- When adding two employees with the same PPSN without setting the checkbox, you will encounter a validation error. This is to ensure that you do not accidentally capture an employee twice on the system when it is not dual employment, but simply a duplicate.
- Allowing dual employment on the system will assign different Employment Identifiers to the employee, ensuring that submissions to Revenue are reported correctly. You can read more about Employment Identifiers here.
This extended functionality of the system is also outlined on our help page here.
If you have any queries, do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team.