On 9 May 2019, Revenue announced an extension to the ROS return filing and tax payment date for certain customers.
The new deadline of 12 November 2019 applies to:
- Customers who file the 2018 Form 11 return and make the appropriate payment through ROS for Preliminary Tax for 2019 and Income Tax balance due for 2018
- Beneficiaries who received gifts or inheritances with valuation dates in the year ended 31 August 2019 and who make a CAT return and the appropriate payment through ROS.
- PAYE customers who are required by Revenue to file a Form 12 for 2018 and who opt to use the online version.
To qualify for the extension in 1 and 2 above, both the return and payment must be done through ROS, otherwise the original 31 October 2019 deadline applies.
We are happy to announce that we have increased our bulk actions functionality to include bulk actions for once-off payslips. If you have multiple employees with once-off payslips and need to add items to these payslips, you can now do so in bulk by going to Employees > Bulk Actions.
From here, you can select either Payslip Inputs or Clocking Imports. Then click on Switch to once-off payslips and capture your data accordingly. Please take note of the following:
- Payslip Inputs: As always, only once-off items (i.e. no regular items) can be added to once-off payslips.
- Clocking Imports: Only custom items with Payslip Inputs are supported for this method.
To read more about these functions, the following help pages are available:
If you need further assistance with this new functionality, please contact our support team.
You may have spotted that our logo is looking a bit different. No need to adjust your computer or call a technician. It’s our new logo!
SimplePay is a global brand, so we have decided to present ourselves as such. In the past, we tried to represent different regions by colour, but we’ll soon run out of colours. We have therefore tweaked our logo and are proud to share it with you.
This enhanced unified logo does not change the way we operate. You can still expect to receive the same professional service that you have come to expect from SimplePay in the last few years, with a product tailored for your region and a friendly, knowledgeable team working to make payroll work for you.
Our logo has been updated on our site and on your invoices, but there may still be a few places where the old logo shows up during this transition period. As always, if you use SimplePay for multiple regions, each region has its own dedicated domain name. We have also added the country’s flag to the help site to avoid confusion.
Thank you for being on this journey with us and we look forward to growing even stronger as a global brand.