In January 2021, Revenue made a Preliminary End of Year Statement for 2020 available for each employee, to assist in determining the amount of Income Tax and USC due. Where employees have under-contributed Income Tax and USC for 2020 due to participation in TWSS, you (the employer) may decide to pay the liability on their behalf.
You have two options for this:
- you can provide the funds to each employee, who must then pay their liability to Revenue using MyAccount, OR
- you can amend your last payroll submission of 2020 using SimplePay’s TWSS Reconciliation Adjustments page and pay the additional amounts as per the Revised Monthly Statement over to Revenue. The employee’s Preliminary End of Year Statement will be recalculated, showing the amounts that you have paid over.
To use the second option:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > TWSS Reconciliation Adjustments
- At the bottom of the page, select the employees that you wish to make the adjustment for by clicking on the checkbox next to their name. Alternatively, click on All to select all employees
- Download and open the CSV file
- Edit the Income Tax and USC figures and save the CSV file
- Return to the TWSS Reconciliation Adjustments page and click on Choose File
- Locate the file on your computer
- Click the checkbox to confirm that you have read SimplePay’s notice
- Click Upload
- Check that the new data is displayed and click Save
You will then be redirected back to the TWSS Reconciliation Adjustments page, with a flash message that contains a link to the Submissions page.
If you have any questions about this, please reach out to our Support team.